The Urban Conglomerate’s Lifestyle section culminates a number of Lifestyle topics tailored toward the Urban Community.
Men’s Spring Style Guide
LEAN BIBLE : RULES TO GETTING LEAN
- Things to remember:
- The following rules assume that you already exercise at a minimum of 3 times a week. Otherwise, they will not be effective.
- Nothing good comes easy, ESPECIALLY having a leaner, more aesthetic physique than 90% of the general population.
- These rules are not meant to make you “happy” or “comfortable.” This will suck.
- You will be hungry, you will suffer but it will be effective.
- Create daily Caloric deficit. You will be hungry.
- A calorie deficit occurs when you consistently provide your body with fewer calories than it needs to support calorie expenditure.
- Discover and understand your The Basal Metabolic Rate (BMR) (Check it out @ http://calculator.net/bmr-calculator.html
- You must cut out:
- Sugary sodas including diet sodas
- Sugary snacks: Cookies, Chips, Sweets
- These foods are high in calories and can be consumed quickly, in greater quantities.
- Eat more:
- Chicken, Salmon, Tuna, Turkey, Rice, Greens.
- Eating more greens every meal will make you feel more full, while being low in calories.
- One 3-ounce serving of wild salmon contains 17 grams of protein and 121 calories. A 3-ounce serving of raw bluefin tuna contains 122 calories and 19.83 grams of protein. In comparison, a 3.5-gram serving of chicken with skin contains 213 calories and 18.33 grams of protein per serving
- For cooking oil ; Use extra virgin olive oil
- Use more extra virgin olive oil for cooking
- Eat less and move more. On top of already exercising 3-4 times a week, add an additional 3-4 sessions of cardio (20 minutes per session.)
- Christian Bale – Batman begins weight (190 LBS.)
- “I would do 3X sets of 10 to eight, depending on what I was working on. Usually, the last set was a little lower rep-wise because I’d want to be struggling, you know? Then I’d always shock my body with drop-sets and supersets. Actually, I gained too much weight in the run up to Batman Begins. I wasn’t the size that Christopher Nolan wanted, so I had to cut down 20lb or so just before shooting – I was a lot beefier at first. That cutting down was achieved by going on a calorie deficit and running more and for longer. I cut a lot of the carbs out of my diet for those few weeks as well.”
- Micheal B Jordan – Black Panther Eric Killmonger (184 LBS.)
- Back when Calliet trained Jordan to play Apollo Creed’s son for the Rocky spinoff, he had the actor focus on getting “lean, lean, lean.” Jordan was running and boxing and getting cut in the process.
- Jordan trained for Black Panther for four months before filming got underway. During the shoot, he worked out five times a week, once or twice a day (depending on his shooting schedule). “He was only in the gym two hours max per day,” Calliet says